Howl, Rob Epstein & Jeffrey Friedman (2010)
















Allen Ginsberg’s poem Howl is an icon, a culture’s landmark, full stop.
But what about this film? I think we should start by stating how an interesting cast that one is.  There is Jon Hamm, the Mad Men’s star, who plays the defense lawyer during the obscenity trail and James Franco at his very best, playing Allen Ginsberg.
As for the trial and Allen Ginsberg portrait, I surely take my hat off to them. James Franco beautifully captures Allen Ginsberg’s humanity. But honestly I don’t get the modernist feel of the referred animation which seems to be out of context but who am I?
So, to conclude, in my humble opinion it is far from perfect but still I find it worth a watch. Give it a try.


  



Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.